Unless you’re an Xcel Energy customer, Aspen has one of best incentives for solar integration out of any Colorado community. Why? Well, lets take a quick look:
The Aspen Solar Pioneer Program
First off, you gotta love that Aspen is ready to officially call you a “pioneer” of something for putting some PV on your roof. I’m not sure if they have plaques or not. Here are the specifics:
There are two options for you if you’re a homeowner:
- You want a rebate OR
- You want a zero interest loan
Truly, it’s unfortunate you don’t get to say both. Obviously, your choice is going to depend on your current financial situation but first, lets take a look at how that rebate works in Aspen. They are all sponsored by the Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE).
If you tie your PV system back into the grid, you’ll get a rebate of $2.00 per watt, up to $6,000
Depending on the system size, if you purchase a solar water heater, you get:
- 2-3 panels: $1,000 rebate
- 4-5 panels: $1,500 rebate
- 6+ panels: $2,000 rebate
Now, let’s turn our attention to door number 2: That zero interest loan!
CORE has partnered with the Community Bank of Colorado in Aspen and Basalt to provide zero-percent financing on loans for PV or solar hot water.
- After determining the size of your system, call CORE to advise loan amount: 970-963-5657
- Fill out loan application available at Community Banks of Colorado in Aspen or Basalt.
- If loan is approved, you will be responsible for the principle payments, and CORE will pay the interest.
Last modified: September 4, 2008