Ain’t the new iPod Nano the cutest damn thing you ever did see?! I just want to eat it.
Solar Power Rocks needs a logo!
We’re giving away this new 8-gig iPod Nano to the person who comes up with the best logo idea, plain and simple. Here’s how the competition works:
It starts today. Start submitting ideas now and we’ll pick a winner at noon on Nov 15th.
You can submit either a written idea for a logo, or an image of that idea. Post the idea or the picture in the comments. You also may email them to us (dave AT solarpowerrocks.com) and we’ll append this blog post.
Some important details:
- If someone submits a duplicate idea, we’ll go with the first one submitted.
- If someone submits a written idea and someone else posts an image of that idea that we decide to go with, we’ll pick the image for the win.
- Here’s the messy one, ready?: Say someone posts a written idea and someone else later posts an image of that idea. However, if we decide we like the written concept and make our own image reflecting it, we will pick the original written idea for the win.
- You don’t have to post your idea to win… If you don’t want the world to see it, just me, let me know when you submit it and I will not post to the thread. you still can win, and your time of submission still counts. However, if it’s good enough to win I can’t imagine not wanting to post it.
Confused yet? Hopefully that’s pretty clear.
Things to think about… Our mission: to prove that solar power in many states is a smart money move… Why does solar power rock? What would make you laugh or smile if you saw it on a T-shirt?
• Time of submission takes priority. What this means is that if you submit an idea now, and someone submits the same idea later, your idea, if chosen, would win.
First Email Idea is in (10/31/07 11:46 AM) from S.E. :
Idea1:You could try a rock-like sun flexing its rock-like muscles, the sun would look kinda like The Thing from the Fantastic 4 comics.
Idea2:Or just one a big rock, that glows with light and “Solar Power” is written on it.
I’m sure some more will come to me, if you want I could sketch them a bit, I am somewhat of a beginning illustrator and I say beginning because i mostly suck at it but I really enjoy drawing.
Second Email Idea is in (11/3/07 11:46 AM) from C T :
Third Email Idea is in (11/3/07 11:46 AM) from Amy:
Fourth Email Idea is in (11/4/07 ) from R B:
Fifth Email Idea is in (11/4/07 ) from MY MOM (thanks, mom) (no, she will not be getting preferential treatment):
Sixth Email Idea is in (11/4/07 ) from J B:
Seventh Email Idea is in (11/4/07 ) from D P:
From the comments below:
Last modified: January 15, 2019